FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Dec 24, 2008, 4:08 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Transit in Sydney (again)

With our early arrival I knew there was little point in rushing to transfer bus, the first one goes at 0620. So I took a leisurely stroll, picked up an express immigration card and went down to wait for the first bus. There were about 70 passengers on the Perth flight who were connecting to international flights. So instead of my usual hang back to board the bus last I went in the middle, just in case we would not all fit in one busload. It didn't matter as they jammed us in. At least I didn't have to worry about falling over on the corners as we are packed so tight that we all hold each other up.

There was a bit of a queue at immigration, so unlike yesterday I decided to play the express card. There were no immigration officers manning those desks and the others did not wave me over, so a small wait for a couple to come out of the room opposite and set up their computers.

No queue at security so I repocketed the express card to use another time. Then up the stairs to bypass duty free and back to the first class lounge.

I had plenty of time to have a nice long leisurely shower and freshen up, catch up on messages, have a couple of drinks and a relaxing breakfast. The lounge was fairly quiet as expected for Christmas Day.

The champagne on offer had changed since my previous visit. Now it is Deveraux.