FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:52 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
PERTH to SYDNEY (PER-SYD) on Qantas A330-200 in business class

We boarded on time but as I've experienced before on this route, were held at the gate for a while so as to not arrive at Sydney before the curfew. The load was fairly full.

We were offered a pre-departure juice or water. Supper was served but don't ask me what the food and drinks were as I was asleep by then. Sometime during the night a small water bottle was handed out as I awoke to find one on the arm rest.

I have NFI on the IFE either, falling asleep before it was switched on and awaking to see air show on display.

I was woken on descent having gotten 3 hours sleep on the short red-eye flight. It was still cloudy but the perfectly timed dawn was breaking. I watched the small sliver of red slowly grow into a ball and turn orange then yellow as it did so.

We had a loop over Canberra and Woollongong before landing to the north. The pilots cut the curfew a bit fine - according to airshow we landed about 0600 and 15 seconds.