FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on On My Way
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:34 am
LRESFG

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by neuron
MY OMW experience, so far....

Agent tells me that I am on the next flight, but nothing I can do tonight. I tell him I bought OMW and he responds "first time I have met someone who admitted that they bought it"

I call the # i was given -- note to AC, it would be nice to put it on the BP, as well as the Itin as I had to dig to find my e-receipt. Agent is very friendly and apologetic for my circumstances. She initially tries to see if I can get on any other flight. Only one option available but I have missed the cutoff window to check my bags. She asks me to give her a few minutes and she will call me back as she will proceed with trying to find me a hotel for the night. Within 10 minutes, she has found me a place to stay for the night and has also given me a credit as a food allowance (dinner and breakfast).

So, all in all, scoff as you will, but I am pleased with OMW. Will I do it again, probably as my usual airports are LGA and YYZ, which do get delayed in the winter.
Was the agent handling OMW with AC or are they an independent service? It was always my impression that OMW was outsourced.