FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport MCI [Master Thread]
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:49 am
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
I had a recent one night stay. I normally stay closer to downtown but only needed one night and this place had a pre-paid rate of $55 per night which was hard to pass up.

My flight was delayed arriving into MCI so I called the hotel to find out how late they served food. I was told 10PM, I was expecting to have to go searching after check in but come to find out the hotel restaurant Tanners (which has several locations in kc) is open till midnight daily and it is room service that ends at 10PM. Worked out well for me.

Check in was quick and easy, nothing much on offer to a plat expect the $250 points. I did get a corner room which appears to be bigger because it has a large entry way but the actual usable space is the same as any other room I think so no real room upgrade here.

I did not use the shuttle but the flight crew from my flight did and they arrived just before me arriving from the rental car facility but I would guess you need to call for pick up.

I did use the fitness area and it had some nice machines with LCD TV's and some weights to use. Pretty nice really.

The rooms are nice, seems new and probably as good as you are going to get at a Four Points. I just hate the Four Points pillows but that is nothing against this property.

If I start to travel regularly to KC I think I may stay my first night at this property as I arrive the night before and then the following nights at another to help with the stay count.

Overall I cant imagine a better experience at an airport Four Points. I would definitely rank this property above the Crowne Center Westin which I found pretty sad for a Westin especially at the rate.