FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Luck With Flying Today and This Weekend....
Old Dec 21, 2008, 9:54 am
BenMeddle

Programs: AirTran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, United, Amtrak, Starwood
My 11:00 AM from LGA to ATL was canceled today. Delta re-booked me tomorrow night on a 9:00 PM flight, which isn't exactly convenient considering my final destination is a 2:30 drive from the airport.

I don't know why the flight was canceled. I suspect it's because it's the one flight around that time that was not a connector in one direction or the other - just a straight shot to ATL with a turnaround later in the day. Other flights around the same time got off without problems and delays this morning were only about 40 minutes, which is 1 minute in LGA time.

Not happy, obviously, but I'm also not willing to stake out the airport for hours trying to get a flight today.

It does not seem like DAL could claim the cancellation is weather related, so any suggestions on some recourse? Flight was $279, but it's going to cost me another $165 to get to my final destination now.