FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Economy - Extend Everyone's Status through 2009?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:30 am
clarkef

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, but no. You shouldn't get a bail-out. Neither should the GM or Ford. If less people are buying your products, then you have to cut back. That's the bottom line. Giving you a bail-out while others are working successfully and paying for Platinum is just plain wrong. This isn't 9/11.
Calling it a bail out is a bit extreme. Comparing extending status with companies who just received 17B is absurd. Just for the record I have 55 nights this year and 6 more coming up next week. This isn't about me.

My point is that many platinum members are platinum purely by virtue of their employers. As such this indignation about working to earn their status seems misplaced at best.

The difficulty that Starwood faces is many people have had to curtail their travel due to this highly set of circumstances resulting in the collapse of the housing market, credit market, and potentially the domestic automobile market. As such special considerations are appropriate.

We've been showing Starwood loyalty for years. Here is Starwood's opportunity to return the favor.