FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Couple sues United for overserving husband!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 6:29 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cblaisd
...Having had my spouse the victim of someone seriously over-served on a redeye flight who was knowingly given drink after drink after drink the FA should have known better.
Happened to me as well. And still I side to 100% with ryan182 - these people are inherently unstable and violent. Alcohol only provides some fermentation and justification for their criminal conduct.

Even more I find it important that these people face the iron hand of the law to its full extent. If they can blame third parties - in this case the FAs and the airline - for their criminal conduct, then this makes it even less likely that they will ever better themselves.

Now in this example the scenery becomes obscene: the aggressor even faces a monetary award for beating up his wife in public whereas only jail time, chain gang, or caning should be offered.
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
..Whereas, if it was a random innocent woman who got beaten up in SFO who was suing UA (and perhaps she was suing UA instead of the aggressor because the aggressor was bankrupt), then people wouldn't be so pissed at the woman for filing a lawsuit...
The lawsuit would still be absurd for the same recent. The only thing meliorated would be that the criminal would not be - potentially - awarded cash for his deeds.