FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Chiang Mai (former Le Meridien), Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:20 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I enjoyed my stay. The reception and the Platinum benefits were great. Staff was friendly and for the most part seemed genuine.

Lounge was wonderful, although the breakfast was quite dissapointing. Heavy stale bread/croisants and items of a European Flair, it makes sense, as most of the Upper Management seems to be of European background. Fresh, tasty pastries are in every corner of this country... there's no excuse for stale pastries in Thailand. They need to take a trip to the ROS in BKK, where the lounge food is amazing, especially at breakfast.

I ordered fried eggs. They arrived. The 2 fried eggs, one slice of bacon, and a small cherry tomato arrived on a huge square plate. The dish looked empty, and hardly enough for a child. Breakfast is not the time to have your dishes look like the trendy Bistro.

The afternoon tea was small and tastefully done (whipped cream with scones?). And the evening coctail food menu was good, but I seem to remember that there were no sweets with the evening food selection.

They have 2 computers in the lounge and wifi for a short period after obtaining a code from the lounge staff.

All in all, the Staff were engaging in every encounter. The Asst GM seemed preoccupied while conversing with us, but was friendly enough for idle chitchat.

My stay was so good, I'll definitely be back. The only caution is that the Hotel is so comfortable that you may be just a bit too isolated from the real Chiang Mai, a real gem of a city within Thailand.

Considering the hotel had just opened, they were great. Platinum benefits are super. Room was perfect.