FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at EWR
Thread: Cars at EWR
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:35 pm
jredknapp11

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
EWR National Lot

My recent EWR experience has me thinking of going with National for good. I've had a few good experiences with National as of late at PBI, MKE and ACI.

Recently got into EWR National lot at 9pm with a compact reservation. Attendant told me compacts were gone and I could pick anything else I wanted with no charge. He also told me that most compacts are off the lot after 8pm so I should always go with the compact and expect the free upgrade...obviously that's not going to always be the case but I have had this happen to me the past three times at EWR. I took a Galant and was pretty happy with the car... clean and quick and under 11k.

Drop off was super simple... lot was very busy at 10am but the attendants had me out the door and on the Airtran in less then 2mins.^

Also, if you're looking for cheap fuel outside of EWR.... hit up route 22 as there are a bunch of no name gas stations that offer very low prices. Route 22 is very easy to get to/from the EWR area and even the morning or evening rush hour won't find you sitting in a sea of brake lights.