FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overly personal talk from flight attendants
Old Dec 10, 2008, 8:32 am
olafman

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
I was on a short hop two years ago from RIO to GIG on AA in first class with a friend. We were the only ones in the cabin and the 35 year old purser chatted us up immediately. We had a great time talking to him. I asked him how he could be so young and be a purser but he explained that it's only for the short hop. If he flies on the long-haul sector, he's got much less senority.

Anyway, he brought out his iPod and showed us pictures of his flat in GIG, his Brazilian boyfriend and some of his MANHUNT pics. All the pics were PG-13 but my friend and I had a good laugh about it. We found out a LOT of information on a one hour flight.

It was a fun casual conversation and was entirely welcome. Most of the many flights I've been on, the queens have been the picture of professionalism. CX and SQ all have very well behaved queens working in first class. Even UA and AA have great F/A's from LAX-JFK. I always tell the purser if F/A have been particularly lovely.