FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overly personal talk from flight attendants
Old Dec 9, 2008, 8:01 am
thepointsguy

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Wow this reminds me of a similar experience..but with a straight "party girl' FA on a American Eagle flight on a tiny RJ. I was wearing a pink polo sitting in the first seat. Shes chatty.. I can tell shes a little unstable by the innapropriate comments to passengers who shrug her off. She also asks for my help while stowing things in the small kitchen area, which was a first for me. Then, while in the jumpseat looking directly at me, she bluntly asks if I am metro or gay "since its so hard to tell these days". I played along but things went downhill from there. She actually ended up telling me physical aspects of her boyfriend..her liaisons in a hospital while visiting a friend.. I mean some raunchy stuff. I tried reading my magazine but she just kept going.

I'm a pretty friendly person, but I do get sick of the "oh you are gay, lets be best friends" attitude- from both gay and straight people.