FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overly personal talk from flight attendants
Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:59 am
ajax

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by DuckSoupforMe
This most recently happened on a return flight from YQB to EWR on a small Embraer. The FA kept asking why I would want to go to a non-party place like Quebec City when Montreal was so much more fun. He asked my partner and me about what we did, if we found a good gym there, a good bar, and on and on. It seems to happen with regularity, whether FC or in coach.
Ugh. What crass stereotyping. Does this FA really assume that every gay man bases their travel decisions on the best party?

To me, that's about as offensive as asking a black person why they're at the opera instead of seeing Kanye West perform - in other words, very offensive.

From a flight attendant? Very uncool and unprofessional.

Originally Posted by DuckSoupforMe
I don't mind brief mindless chatter with FAs, but sometimes they go too far. When we mentioned to this last one that we have been together for 16 years, he rolled his eyes and said "Whatever".
Why on earth would he have a reaction like that unless he was flat-out jealous or somehow didn't approve of long-term relationships (but would he have said the same if he'd heard that a heterosexual couple had been together so long)? In either case, that's just bang out of order.