FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:01 am
Guava
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TooMuchTravel73
I've had many e-mail threads with both the Moorea Sheraton and the Bora Bora property. According to the Moorea sheraton there is a Zero % chance that I'll be upgraded to an OWB. (So I paid 12000XPF there too).

From the Sheraton Moorea: "For our platinum member, we will try our best to upgrade to the best available room within the category.

It means that if you have reservation for garden bungalow, you will be able to upgrade to our SPA bungalow (half in the water, half on the beach) if there is an availability. But there are only 3 SPA bungalows in the property. Our beach bungalow is completely on the beach.
If you would like to be upgrade to our Over Water Bungalow, we have a special price for our platinum member.

It cost 12,000cfp per night without tax. (no able to pay by point, but you can pay by credit card or cash)
Hmm...I know it's been a few years, but the last time I was there, I was a SPG Plat and even became acquainted with the GM of the resort. We have the same first name too (in French), so it was funny in a way. He specifically told me that they do upgrade Plats to OWB, which is not consistent with what's being posted here. Now, it's possible the management has changed and he is no longer there but I would definitely check with the GM of S/Moorea. If it's still the same man, then I have my doubts about this "policy" you have been given. Besides, BigBooper just posted his recent experience at S/Moorea that contradicts what you have been told.