FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - award for medical assistance?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:39 am
Flybride

Programs: I love Gold,AA-Gold, Movie Watcher-Gold, Reward zone-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UnitedBozo:
Come on take it easy on the doc. He was told by others he might be compensated, and he hasnt been. He has a legitamate question, and FT is exactly the place for this kind of question.

From what I understand he is not insisting on anything, but rather was lead to believe that UA has set compensation for such occurances.

Now, if indeed UA has no set compensation for such an event, and the doc gets beligerant that he wants an SWU or something, then I think you can call him whatever is meant by all those starts - *******.
</font>
As far as I know, there is "NO set compensation" for such and event.

As I said in an earlier post or, maybe it was the dupe thread?, If the flight crew past on your information and the details of the event to a supervisor and IF the supervisor passed it on to customer relations, you will get a thank you. There are a couple of BIG if's in that last sentance.

I don't believe any airline would not be thankful for a Doctor or Nurse helping out in an emergency or semi-emergency type situation. So if you don't get a Thank you note, it was probably because the information got lost in the red tape.

Yes to the Doctor above if it was myself or a loved one I would want you to help anyway you could. I (not the airline) would be trying to find out your information so I could send a personal Thank you and to see if I could do anything for you or your family.