FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:59 am
TheMajor

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Travel Package Mess Up - Anything I can do?

Hi can anyone please help,

Sometime ago I was browsing through all the awards and booked a 7 night cat 7 travel award and 50k BA Miles for 200k points. I had also booked 3 nights award stay in Rome (cat 7) and 4 nights Capri (cat 7). I rang Marriott rewards this morning hoping to link my unused 7 night certificate to these stays. I was told take that 7 night award was only valid for the same hotel.

I was sure I read somewhere (perhaps on here) that it was ok to split between 2 hotels as long as they were consecutive nights. Or perhaps I was confused when booking and mistakenly did not book the european sampler that I was previously looking at.

Anyway, they would not let me do it and said all I can do is use the 7 nights certificate to pay for the 4 night stay and then use new points to pay for the 3 night stay.

This seems a huge waste of mileage and I do not have too many points to play with. I don't think I can cancel the reward entirely as the air miles have already been added to my frequent flyer balance (although not used).

It seems that I may have to abandon the whole trip and replan my vacation (but this would leave me out of pocket due to think I had already planned and paid for).

I'm not holding out much hope, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Phil.

Edit: Sorry but also, if I do have to replan my holiday, how long is my 7 night cat 7 voucher valid for? I ordered it on the 31st July 2007. Thanks again.