FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Antonio REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:31 pm
drnp

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
I just checked out today after a two night stay using FFN certs. Mrs drnp and I have a 3 month old baby, so we thought we would burn my FFNs on some place close by. I called the hotel the night before and requested a crib for my room. We booked a standard King room.

Check-in: Got there a little after 4pm, parked in the previously mentioned parking garage across the street for 1/3 of the price of the Hyatt garage. No line at check-in desk. Plenty of kiosks available as well. I went to the manned desk. Agent told me she could see that I had requested a crib on the reservation notes and that it should already be set up, but to call if there were any problems. She did this before I even had a chance to ask about the crib.^ Lobby is very nicely decorated. Decor is modern with plenty of sofas in lobby for longing, as well as a bar and a small coffee shop.
Room: Had 2162, which is a standard room king room. Had a decent view of San Antonio. The crib was indeed already set up with some mini bottles of baby lotion and powder as a nice touch. Bathroom was very nice. Marble sink and the white ginger bath amenities. It is a good size for a standard room. There was a sofa along the window and a wide desk for work if needed.
Room service: Ordered room service the first night. Had a cheeseburger, grilled chicken sandwich, and an appetizer which all tasted pretty good. Total bill was around $50. Took about 40 mins to deliver.
Location: it is right next to the convention center. It is within walking distance to the Alamo, rivercenter mall, and has an entrance to the riverwalk (its downstairs from the lobby next to the restaurant). We never needed to take the car out of the garage until we went home.
Service: On the first night, there were many people making noise in the hallway outside our room. It started about 11pm and they got progressively louder. We called the front desk and was told security would be called. We heard security telling them to be quiet about 15 mins later. However, noise continued well past midnight. At this point, our baby kept waking up because of the noise. We called down again, and again security came about 15 mins later. This time, he knocked on our door. When we opened it, he asked "did we call to complain about the noise?", to which we said yes. He turned and told everyone to go to their rooms or to the lobby and that this was their final warning. Turns out it was about 6-7 people, adults and kids, sitting in the area right outside our door. They were sitting down on the floor and eating fast food The next day, a manager called our room to apologize for the complaints the night before and to tell us that those guests had checked out as their convention had ended that day. She went on to ask if she could offer us free breakfast the next day to make it up to us.^ We asked if we could have it in the form of room service instead of the breakfast buffet. She agreed and told us to order whatever we would like. Every member of the staff that we encountered was extremely polite and professional. We would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice hotel in San Antonio. Also, I did not see any signs of construction or hear any construction noise while I was there.

drnp