FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Express AirRail procedures [merged]
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:24 am
taigatrommel

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Hi,

it seems like the CGN/ QKL Airail is more important to LH than the STR/ ZWS Airail.

All the 'enhancements' to Airail are done on the Cologne leg. To Stuttgart they are cutting down step by step.
Since the start of Stuttgart Airail there was the last departure at 17.27 and only every two hours a train. OK, this is based on the DB timetable, as the as Airail used ICE line doesn't provide more connections.

Since October 2007 the train at 15.27 is no more airail anymore. And so the Airail counter in Stuttgart is closed from 2 pm to 4 pm.

For late departures ex FRA (Asia, ...) is Airail ex Stuttgart no option, because of the long connection time in FRA.

The Airail is great idea in my optionen, because it's a hassle traveling to this airport ('Flughäfele') in Echterdingen, if you stay downtown.
And the dining car is great benefit of the ICE - just staying there, never sitting on my assigned place.

But because of this 2 hours timetable and the missing trains I often fly again ex STR...

Best regards,

taigatrommel