FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2008, 8:16 am
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Changes to Travel Packages Etc in 2009: Consolidated Point Burner's Guide

November 28, 2008
Hi everyone! With such a massive change in the structure of the Marriott Rewards program coming January 15, 2009; and with some of us (including myself) having a large amount of points that it may be advantagous to figure out how to optimally burn before the program changes, I decided I needed to go back and review everything that has transpired since the October 2008 announcement of these changes.

I have gotten confused about deadlines, what changes can and cannot be made by certain dates for Travel Packages, Hopper Awards, etc. This has turned out to be a complicated process and I know that Marriott Concierge has worked hard to get our detailed questions answered.

I'm going to start off with posting a a consolidation of the most relevant posts by Marriott Concierge on these topics. I've added the relevant parts of MC's posts on these topics in chronological order below (I thought about organizing them by topic, but since the answers to many questions have been evolving as Marriott Rewards has worked out some of the details, I think chronological order is best.) I will do my best to find time later to add a topical directory. Please chip in with this if you can find the time.

Hopefully, if others are interested in making decisions on whether to Burn Points, and if so, how to Burn their points, we can turn this thread into a focussed guide on this topic.

Regards,
GrizShel

Last edited by GrizShel; Nov 28, 2008 at 8:34 am