FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to Have Dinner at MIA?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2008, 8:10 am
MIKESILV
Suspended

Originally Posted by njvandy
If you've spent any time on this board, you'll know that many FTers (myself included) hate all that is MIA. The food options are shameful for any airport, let alone a major AA hub. The best place that i know of is La Carreta, a cuban sandwich place, outside security. Some people on this board say there is a La Carreta stand airside but someone else will have to tell you where it is.

For your return, four hours probably isn't enough time to comfortably leave the airport and you probably won't find many good food options at 5AM anyway. Once you clear immigration/customs there is a mini food court with a bagel place directly across from security. I usually grab a light breakfast there. Even though its MIA, there shouldn't be much of a line for PriorityAAccess at that time and you can monitor it from the food course. Beyond that your best option is probably the AC and you will have access via your EXP status and int'l itinerary.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to one of my favorite cities in the world!
I dont recall whether the OP asked whether you liked MIA or not but it would be extremely helpful if the information you post has some semblance of accuracy.

a) There is no food opposite the exit from customs if fact there are no food options that level of the airport.
b) There is no food court opposite where you re-enter security at the combined D/C entrance you cant even see the lines from the main concourse walkways at all so I am at loss at what you are telling the OP to "monitor"
c) You keep saying La Carretta is a "cuban sandwich" place which indicates you obviously have never been in the place.
La Carretta IMHO is one of the best airport restaurants around. Food is family style Cuban and has a large number and sometimes varied daily selections of Cuban (dinner/lunch) entries soups and desserts etc. Only real drawback is that seating is cafeteria style but the food is good, portions large and is good value for money.
The above is probably represents the OP's best options on both legs of the trip.
There is also a couple of small eateries at including Pizza, Burger King and bar at concourse E.

mike

For a really great breakfast if the OP is inclined for a short taxi fare there a place called the Latin Cafe opposite the Crown Plaza on LeJuene Rd ...they open I believe at 600 am

Last edited by MIKESILV; Nov 28, 2008 at 8:19 am