FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to Have Dinner at MIA?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2008, 6:32 am
njvandy

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
We are flying DCA-MIA-SCL. The MIA-SCL flight leaves at 11:25 PM so we would like to have dinner before the flight. Are there any options other than the food court?

Coming back we have a 4 hour layover with a scheduled landing at 4:30 AM. Ugh? Any good breakfast options.
If you've spent any time on this board, you'll know that many FTers (myself included) hate all that is MIA. The food options are shameful for any airport, let alone a major AA hub. The best place that i know of is La Carreta, a cuban sandwich place, outside security. Some people on this board say there is a La Carreta stand airside but someone else will have to tell you where it is.

For your return, four hours probably isn't enough time to comfortably leave the airport and you probably won't find many good food options at 5AM anyway. Once you clear immigration/customs there is a mini food court with a bagel place directly across from security. I usually grab a light breakfast there. Even though its MIA, there shouldn't be much of a line for PriorityAAccess at that time and you can monitor it from the food course. Beyond that your best option is probably the AC and you will have access via your EXP status and int'l itinerary.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to one of my favorite cities in the world!