FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:28 pm
beardedgeologist

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
I have been wading through the thread and don't think my particular case is covered.

I am holding a UA itinerary LHRIADBTV from .bomb for me and my family (4 PAX = me + Mrs beardedg + beardg son 1 + beardg son 2). Currently we are all on 1 reservation.

I have in my hand:
2x $100 Systemwide Travel Vouchers. Each of these has Mrs beardg's name.
2x 10% off Economy E-Certificate. One is in my name, one is in Mrs beardg's name.

I am going to the LHR tomorrow and can drop in the UA desk to pay up and use the vouchers.

QUESTION:
Since I have 4 different vouchers, and we are 4 PAX travelling on 1 reservation, can I use all 4 vouchers?

The Systemwide Travel Vouchers says "only 1 cert can be used per ticket. I assume (ha!) that since all 4 PAX will have their own ticket number (despite being on the same reservation), I SHOULD be able to use all 4 vouchers.

I could (but would prefer not to) make 2 reservations (1st for me + beardg child 1, and 2nd for Mrs beardg + child 2), but I don't want to make 4 reservations (child apparently travelling alone, blah blah).

What do you think? What does UA experience tell us???