FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, PDX, OR [Master Thread]
Old Nov 24, 2008, 1:01 pm
ryno

Programs: SPG LTP (let me live my fantasy), UAL 1K/MM, SWA A-list, Alaska Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Anything is better than the PDX Sheraton. That place is just a little strange and overdue for a makeover.

The Aloft property does the trick. It's a sister hotel to W but not nearly as high end. It's like the 4 points of W (like West Elm is the Old Navy of Pottery Barn). Anyhow, the hotel is clean and comfortable. I had no issues with noise. They have bikes you can borrow, although i don't know where you would bike to. The bartender was fantastic, loved her. Great drinks and bar snacks, nice atmosphere. Starbucks a block or so away. There is a little sushi place (Hot Pot n Sushi) across the street as well as a Red Robin. Not high end sushi, it's the sushi boat conveyer belt kind of spot.

I just wish they had made a few of the accents in the room "real". The big sticker of cork board was probably not that much less expensive than the real thing.

I will always choose this property over the sheraton PDX (where you are adjacent to the runway and can really hear the planes lining up at 6am). And the club level lounge at the sheraton was so paltry, I'd rather stay at Aloft and spend a few bucks for snacks and a glass of wine.

Beware! The Aloft at DFW (Colinas) is in a dry county.