FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:26 am
Flyer Jon

Mrs. FlyerJon received her minumum miles but not bonus miles. Added up to 8500, with possibly 27000 missing bonus miles.

I look after her travel arrangements and, back in April, had suggested that I try to match her Chairmans status on DL and move her away from US. She said NO, so I didn't! I have to admit that US have looked after her very well, she is upgraded over 80% of the time - she makes a lot of few days out bookings. Awards might cost a $50 non-refundable fee, but there's no cost to make changes or put the miles back in the account.

As senior management (from America West) finally get the idea that business travelers are really important, hopefully they will be less likely to pull dumb stunts like miles removal - probably not. The other airlines obviously understand because they didn't follow US. I'm glad, for Mrs FlyerJon, that I didn't abandon aircraft, as she's only 4 segs from requal and she'll now get all her miles.