FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals. Are you kidding me? A rant.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:47 am
thechosenuno

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
IHO-Based on many different posts, including a phone call from AA to OP (see Post 102), this a situation that is a combination of 2 totally self absorbed individuals taking full advantage (flaunting) the Americans with Disabilities Act to bring their dogs on board, and a (totally) unsympathetic FA who could just not be bothered to do even something. Result, OP, with severe allergies to animals, who did nothing wrong except show up, once again IMO, is the victim. The 2 passengers and the FA appear to be villians in this piece.
Thank you, Dallas49er. At least someone was actually able to read what I said as opposed to assume I hate dogs and people with disabilities.

I finally spoke to the very kind woman who called from the AA Executive Office, and she apologized for the whole situation. She explained that AA has no choice but to allow the animals on board if the people have a letter from an MD, which these people did. However, she said that, while they can't control whether or not these people could fly with the animals, AA staff can make adjustments and accomodations when it comes to seating. She apologized again that the FA live up to the standards AA hopes for and she offered me 5k miles for the situation. I thanked her and told her I understand AA's predicament. She said that the FA would be spoken to about the incident.