FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals. Are you kidding me? A rant.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:29 pm
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by thechosenuno
Op here - I got a call from the AA executive office in response to a follow-up email I sent to customer service. When she calls me back, I'll fill you all in.

Any idea why they'd be calling? Is she going to offer me miles??
In my experience with DL, UA, and AA

1. When "upon further review" the incident was so agregious,and out of the norm,

2. And they, the airline and their personel, screwed up by the numbers, with no excuses,

3. And the agrieved party is a premium passenger, in danger of taking their business somewhere else (potentially),

it will trigger a phone call, and perhaps a personal visit from a senior executive, looking to spread oil on troubled waters.

Who knows what you will get-let them do all the talking first. Ask for a FULL explanation of what they know, and what they intend to do.

If it were me, 1st. I'd ask for the 2 emotional support animals (and the 2 dogs) be admonished , plus a permanent life time ban from the passenger cabin for the dogs and perhaps their owners (it does appear that they were cheating and flaunting the Americans with disabilities act,) and 2nd, a suspension and sensativity training for the FA. (Whatever they do, they can't share that with you.)

Good luck!