FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals. Are you kidding me? A rant.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:59 am
Cynnamin

Originally Posted by UrbanFirefly
I actually have an emotional support animal, and though I have not taken her on any flights yet I have taken her to crowded weekend long events for over 3 years. She is always bathed and teeth brushed and everybody loves her. I do have medication and the proper documentation for her.

Entire post

I am not disputing the fact that some people need and should have emotional support dogs. One of the retired guide dogs I raised now works as a therapy dog with kids with speach issue, but that dog is more qualified as a therapy dog & not emotional support dog. Mr. Cynnamin used to work with a guy who had a son with Aspergers syndrome, and he would usually bring his son to the office when Mr. Cynnamin brought our retired guide dog to the office. The 11 year old visibally relaxed around the dog, so I have seen "emotional support dog" in action. My main issue with emotional support dogs is the people who knowingly abuse this privilege and make it difficult for actual working service dogs to access public facilities.

Last edited by Cynnamin; Nov 20, 2008 at 4:02 pm