FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike announcement
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:22 am
andre1970

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Angry It's the Flight Attendands' turn: 5-9 December

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry, but that is still wrong. You can look at almost any country in the world, including places like Germany and Switzerland, and find state employees who jealously guard their benefits. There is clearly a systemic problem in France, and issues of weak political will. But it has absolutely nothing with breeding or being French. Also, French people work VERY hard in general. They are out there in the fields picking grapes, they are building roads, managing trains, working in IT, etc., etc. France is a highly productive European country. *Some* state employees can be lazy, but you find that in every country. Some state employees, like doctors and nurses at state operated hospitals in France, work very, very hard, 24 x 7, saving lives and providing medical care to everyone who walks through the hospital doors, French or otherwise.
I agree with all the above! ^ Union leaders are definitely slackers, but workers?

Back on topic: FAs are ready to take their turn in "striking" again from December 5th to December the 9th. Source: Le Figaro, printed edition, (Vendredi, 15 Nov.)

The situation in CDG yesterday was under control. After my (on time) arrival from DTW, I paid a visit to the Arrival's lounge to check for myself what all the hype is about. Well, it is basically a bunch of (small) shower rooms (about 1/3 of the size of a LH Senator lounge shower room). Staff was very polite and I was assigned a shower immediately. Didn't spend much time in the cage; I figured the shower in my appt. would be much more comfortable, despite being about an hour-long train ride away...

PS: About the reason that sparked those strikes: nobody asked Pilots/FAs to work until 65. The new law gives them the option to work up to 65.