FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike announcement
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2008, 1:47 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by creber
When I remarked that to an FA recently she didn't understand why I'd be surprised that the crew gets served first and better and that employees have better treatment and priviliges than premium customers. She just didn't grasp the idea. She explained to me that the poor crew was served the much better catering because they were in the air during meal time - but she didn't understand my argument of being on my third flight that day, each one of them at meal times.

I mean, did anyone ever see a hotel where the suites are occupied by the employees and guests get sent to the staff quarters? If you have, this must have been in France.
How about United Airlines, where the Pilot's Union contract mandates that they MUST fly in first class when deadheading. Even if they have to boot out a paying passenger. Also they MUST reserve another First class seat on long flights for the 4th member of the rotating flight crew to rest in. That plus the massive pay raise their union pressured for, is what financially put the company into bankruptcy. Again, you can't point at Air France in these instances and ignore the equally questionable practices of other airlines and unions.

I did admit that French politicians are especially weak-willed when it comes to fixing the problems. Margaret Thatcher, they are not.