FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike announcement
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:29 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by jonni04
I too want to report a positive experience with Air France USA phone agents. I was booked on AF69 from LAX to CDG, with a connecting flight to JNB on Nov 15. The agent I spoke with was extremely helpful, and got me re-routed LAX-AMS-JNB on KLM metal.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is that when I heard about the strike, I proactively called AF. I wonder if they would have hunted me down if I hadn't called them. Just a thought.
You have expressed a concern of mine. Were it not for FT I would have been unaware of the strike. I also proactively called AF and was delighted by the service and attitude of the US -CSR. Within minutes, she had me rebooked on KL, LAX/AMS/VCE all in Business Class. I can only imagine the outrage by pax checking in for flight 69 LAX/CDG on the strike dates, if they were unaware of the strike. This has to be a nightmare scenario for all involved; pax and AF personnel. I read so many news sites and have seen no mention of the AF strike. Another ^to FT and the Moderators. Thanks.