FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discount off any hotel, worldwide, via HotelClub.com
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:47 pm
roadtripman

Originally Posted by CalItalian
One note. You will be socked with an credit card international exchange fee since the rooms are booked through Australia. HotelClub.com is owned by Orbitz and United States accomodations are actually booked by Orbitz, not HotelClub. On my recent mid-October trip to Miami, I abused the http://www.hotelclub.co.uk/tube/ and get £25 ($49) promo by booking one room, per night, per email address. I did it 15 times for 5 nights, 3 rooms each night staying at The President Hotel in Miami Beach for $40 per night room rate after the $49 was deducted. I was charged $1.56 per room, per night Visa international fee on top of the $52 I paid per night ($52 included all taxes and fees of an $89 rate less $49 promo). The hotel made us re-key each morning and re-register but that took all of about 2 minutes per person. We were never asked for "vouchers" of any kind, even though I had them. I saw the paperwork and everything said Orbitz, not HotelClub, also. Other than it being pre-paid, nothing was asked of me except why I booked one night at a time which I explained and was given a thumps up by the clerk for getting a good deal.
Thanks for pointing that out, I never thought of that! No problems "abusing" the coupon? I'm tempted to use one coupon per email, but I wouldn't want them to find out and charge my credit card for the difference. Did you use the same check in name each night? It's tempting. I'm going to Europe for three weeks in the spring, and this could save me hundreds of dollars....