FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAD - Luanda, Angola
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2008, 4:27 pm
Koby

Lounges at LAD

I departed from LAD this week (on TAP Air Portugal). Some feedback on the lounges at LAD (the original question).

TAP (together with the other Star Alliance airlines) uses the TAAG lounge. It offers a basic selection of snacks and drinks. The seating is also basic. No quiet separated corners or anything. (I found one nice area with comfy sofas, but got kicked out after half an hour or so. Apparently it is reserved for first class passengers…)
The air condition works good enough to limit the number of mosquitoes…
More important: they have 4 (working) PCs with an Internet connection.
Overall it beats the general waiting area with its one (1) bar. However, there seems to be no possibility to get in when flying economy. There is no option for cash payment, and they’ve never heard of Priority Pass.

The other lounge that I’ve found is called “PALL” or so. It’s the one you'll see when you turn right (180°) after walking up the stairs. I’m not sure who uses it. Maybe they work with contracts directly with some of the oil companies, because when I tried to get in he asked for the name of my company rather than for the airline.
Anyway, you could get in for 20 US$. Again, mentioning “Priority Pass” was met a blank stare…
I did not want to spend 20$ to get in just to be able to report on FT. But if it offers at least the same as the TAAG lounge, I would pay the money when travelling economy. (Especially since usually at LAD they drop me off at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight leaves…)

Hope this helps some of you…