FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Companion Ticket Program Cancelled as of 11/15/08
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:25 pm
onlyforleisure

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
sorry for the paragraphs I used to get in trouble for that and run on sentences in grammar school but thats the first time I have been called out about it on a forum board

Most of the benefits listed were through FHR bookings as we are all aware sometimes FHR benefits may not be worth it like when their rate is significantly higher or its hotels you would never plan on staying in. I have many times not been able to use FHR because it was not practical but I wanted to point out the times it has been succesful this year.

The breakfast coupouns in vegas were $20 per person per day. Since there was no extra fee for additional people I had the CSR at FHR put down down 4 people per room. So about $80 a room a per day. The actually ran out of coupouns and had me come down later for more.

The clubs is a benefit through concierge. When you call ask to be put on the VIP guest list. This may not work every night nor at every club but for us it was a nice bonus.

The bottom line I was trying to get across is we all know the card has some great benfits but the the annual fee may seem steep. The 2-4-1 loss is a big blow but hopefully they will shock us with something real good. The best thing about this board is for us to share benefits about the card that others may not have known about and can now hopefully use them to their advantage.