FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORY vs CDG and getting around?
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:52 pm
KNRG

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
ORY vs CDG and getting around?

I'm going to be in France relatively soon for an art/art history study-abroad program. It's my first trip to France, though I have done some international travel. I only speak a little bit of French, and I am from Florida.

Right now i'm trying to figure out what the major differences between flying into ORY or CDG would be? It looks like many people doing the program would be flying into CDG but ORY looks very tempting to me from an airlines-offered perspective (I want to fly on OpenSkies). Thus, would you say an American with only a little French could navigate from ORY to a dormitory alone if everyone else flys into CDG without it being a major hassle?

The program says the dorms are at..

"Our students are housed at centrally-located university residences, including our principal residence, the Foyer International des Etudiantes, (FIE) 93 blvd. St. Michel in the 5th arrondisement, the Foyer Tolbiac (TOLBIAC), 234 rue de Tolbiac in the 13th arrondisement and the Maison Andre Honnorat of the Cite Universitaire de Paris (CIUP)."
Perhaps someone could provide some advice on where those are and what sort of commute from the two airports i'd be looking at? The program mentions a chartered bus for people arriving between a given time frame and then providing directions via RER to anyone else outside the time frame. At the moment i'm assuming that all refers to CDG - though ORY connects to the RER as well, no?

Also, anything else you can think to tell me about living in and around Paris for a month?

Your advice is greatly appreciated