FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ride Report: 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ (Fullsize)
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:58 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Ride Report: 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ (Fullsize)

I was able to find one of these at MCO last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised on how much I enjoyed driving it.

The car only had 1,400 miles on it and was in very good condition. It was also an upgraded model with the larger 3.6L V-6, moonroof, and working OnStar and XM.

Cabin comforts are very nice, with ample room for four adults. Two-toned leather seats are nice, but I found the lumbar adjustments difficult to adjust and I had a backache the first day after driving. The auto a/c was not dual-zone , but did a fine job of regulating the temperature. Audio was very good. The trunk did a good job of holding the luggage of three adults; about five bags in total.

Performance from the V-6 is good and car rides well on 18" rubber. The six-speed transmission has a manual shift mode with shifter paddles on the steering wheel. Also present on the wheel are audio and cruise controls. I averaged about 21 mpg in mostly city conditions.

IMO, a car to be sought in the future.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 12, 2008 at 1:55 pm