FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:51 am
noname

As for orders cancelling, it really seems hit or miss. I have 2 different emails I've been using. One has all orders under my husband's name and the other mine. As soon as an order has been received I've placed another. I will say if using the same credit card on both orders it's been a guaranteed cancel of one. I've placed an order for $2500 worth each and every time. Lines cancel and entire orders cancel, but here I am today waiting for an order that "shipped" Fri. for the full $2500. Usually I get may $500 or $1000 from each attempt. I'm up to at least $10000 by this point. Same address used every time.
As for cashing them out.. I've taken many rolls into the various Chase branches and just paid on my cc. I've frequently gone through the business drive through lanes with $100-$200 and just asked to exchange for paper currency. Only once was I ever given a hard time, at First National Bank for $150 worth, they wanted to charge me a 1% fee. I just laughed and went through the drive thru of the bank across the street.
It's been a great way of getting those initial charges, and negotiated fee waiver min. charge agreements dealt with.
A BIG thanks to the OP. Evened out many an acct. via cc miles with this type game!:-:^
I've also done more than my fare share of placing these coins in circulation via any charge of less than $15 a pop, drive thrus, car wash, etc., but the best has been the self serve check out lanes if no one is behind me. I just keep plugging and then charge the balance after I've once again emptied my coin purse!