FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1k needs help on award vs buying to LHR. Let the mob decide!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:04 am
jtsaltman82

Programs: United 2P, QMM, eleVAte
Originally Posted by cricketer
The way I see it, $770 is a lot to drop for a trip to see a battle for 4th place :-) But if I were going to see United play, and I had 700K miles in the bank, I'd almost certainly cash in for an F award (on LH, via FRA so as to use the first class terminal there on the return as well).
A battle for 4th? Arsenal, my friend, is in 3rd after our stellar defeat of your United boys, and the only battle West Ham is fighting is the one involving relegation.

OP, where are you getting your tickets? If you have a contact, great, but if not, be prepared to shell out some serious dough for this match (although, you can sometimes find a good deal on Craigslist). Any type of London derby is an extremely difficult ticket to get. Considering your frugal nature, the likely cost of match tickets, and your excessively large amount of miles, I'd try and book a C award ticket for yourself. You would be able to use one of your SWU's from this year on the outbound, but with the devaluation of frequent flyer programs, you might as well start using those miles and trade away the SWU's.