FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:29 pm
andre1970

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Rambuster
My God ! Have you finally lost all your senses ?

You know the worst part? I flew the outbound yesterday (CDG-DTW) and I actually liked it!

I mean, I feel totally embarrassed to admit it but it was much better than your typical TATL C class experience on LH:

1. The brand new AF pier in (the favela airport) CDG for intercontinental flights is pretty humane.

2. Their business lounge over there is huuuuuge (I am not sure whether I was entitled to use it as a business class customer or as a CO Plat, I showed both and they told me I'm good to go). Food/snack/drink offerings are quite comparable to a SEN lounge (AF lounges have better (real ) cheese and wines/champagne)

3. I was almost alone in the section of the C cabin I was seated and the service was superb. Food was mediocre but I can say the same thing about LH C food anyway. On the upside, I tasted 3(!) different champagnes and some very good red wine.

4. The brand new terminal in DTW is very nice and pleasant and immigration/customs/baggage recheck/transfer was a breeze compared to my usual US gateways (JFK, EWR, ORD).

5. Highlight: AF planes feature an external live camera! You can see the take-off and landing of the aircraft live as if you were seated in the cockpit. After take-off the camera continues to shoot the landscapes you fly over! That, combined with the usual GPS flightshow is enough to have me totally glued to my screen and to that of my (empty) neighboring seat! ^

I had completely avoided Air France for the last 12 years, despite having CDG as one of my bases (spend about 3 months per year in Paris). I somehow decided to give them a shot again. I was not disappointed: among other things, AF lived up to their reputation. Upon arrival to DTW, my (hardcase) checked bag was broken!^