FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 3: The Welcoming Tone to New Members
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:34 pm
leatherheadiowa

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Being welcomed doesn't me being demeaned.

Being a newer FT isn't easy. There are very few things that are new to people that are easy.
Why do some people want to ridicule and rag on people that were in my shoes and your shoes? I have seen the rude and often time disgusting comments made. It made me skeptical and hesitant to ask questions or post advice.
I don't believe that Mr. Petersen ever intended for people to act like thugs and make people shy away.
One solution may be the addition of a "Bootcamp" thread. As a director I would like to take the reigns and make FT a place that could bring new FT members into our group without the loss of dignity or face embarrassment.

I would address etiquette, rules, regulations, & standard operating procedures.
Like a young person, if you give them a goal, show them a path, advice for staying on that path, consequences of leaving the path, and show them a reward, then we can eliminate a large majority of the negativism that new members often encounter.

I would encourage your thoughts, comments, and your votes! If I don't get back to you quick, I am most likely our taking care of Uncle Sam's problems!

Thanks