FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Card with best airport lounge/hotel upgrade features?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:23 pm
JRA2000TL

Programs: Amex Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by QuietLion
Keep the Starwood card. Starpoints are the most valuable bonus you can earn with your charged dollars.

The best card for elite-program membership is the AmEx Centurion card but at $2500/year you better really want it.

QL
I agree. The Starwood card is a cheap card to have and is the best card for collecting miles. I always wind up using it for hotel stays though. I think the fee is now $45 from $30? I have an Amex Plat. charge card, so they never charge me a fee for my Starwood card.

The Amex Plat. was a good deal until they took away the 2 for 1 domestic airfare (on the US issued card). I hear FHR is good but I haven't used it since my extra $ has been going toward other things lately rather than staying at $500/night hotels. The lounge access is nice, but you have to use the lounge for the airline in which you are flying that day. Also, unless you're flying Continental, you won't get the free wireless internet in the lounge. You still get the free snacks/booze though.

The HHonors card has no fee, so why cancel it? I suppose if you don't use it you could. I have both this card as well as the 2 mentioned above. I alternate between the Starwood and HHonors for daily spending.