FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:09 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
While nothing is guarnateed to always work the same in the future, up to now iDine/RN has always treated every restaurant location separately. Basically they don't even look at them by name, as much as every restaurant has a merchant ID number, and there is no corrolation between the merchant IDs of different locations of the same chain (when different locations all particpate).

You were reacting to NJUPINTHEAIR's reprhasing of the terms of the promo, using the term "restaurant". But I think the original T&C used the term "merchant" instead, which correlates more obviously to RN's concept o merchant ID.
Thanks, SDS --

I did not want to mislead anyone with my terminology. Go by what the original phraseology of the promotion says. I can't truly opine with respect to multiple locations of the same chain, but I cannot see why they would not be treated as separate entities as they each are at different locations, and as one well knows, not all Burger King restaurants participate in the program, so those that are listed should each be considered a separate participant.

With respect to Perkins restaurants, I would think that the above would also hold true, so if some are franchisees and others are company owned this would support the above argument. Specifically with respect to Perkins -- or any other chain -- I would first go to their company website and if there are more locations listed in the area than those that you have identified, I would expect that if you were later denied credit you would have a very good argument inasmuch as not all of the possible locations of a specific chain in a given area were participating in the Rewards Network program and therefore, the ones that were participating were certainly listed as separate entities on the company website and therefore, should be considered as separate entities for the RN promotion.

On the other hand, if only those 3 restaurants participating in the RN promotion are also the only 3 restaurants on the company website in that area, that could become a more difficult question if you are challenged by RN. However, it is quite likely as SDS states, that each location would be treated as a separate merchant, based presumably on his or other's past experience with RN, as well as the fact that these are ostensibly separate, even if they have a common owner -- by virtue of their still being listed separately on the RN and presumbaly company websites. Good luck.

N.B. I completed my last qualifying dine on 10/17/08 and today the 10,000 bonus points appeared in my PC account, so the bonus should post to your account well before the 12/31/08 cut off for next year.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 28, 2008 at 6:58 pm