FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Age discrimination
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:41 am
VideoPaul

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by lerasp
what does having an MBA have to do with the situation? is it written on your forehead?
I think the point here is that even though this person looks like a teenager, clueless or otherwise, the poster is a business professional and percieves that he was trated shabbily because of appearance. Airlines will walk through the fire for business travelers and this GA, from the OP's posting, took him for some kid, even though the OP probably intellectually outclasses the GA by a couple of dozen points.

When I started traveling extensively and looked 25 rather than 36, I ran into the same thing in executive lounges, ("Excuse me, which member are you here as a guest of?"), first class check in lines ("Sir, the check-in line begins over THERE, this is for first class only") and in first / business class itself ("Sir, may I see your boarding card?") because obviously someone who isn't in a suit and doesn't look old ebough to have ben in one industry for 18 years Now that I look 32 rather than 41 (#$!&#$% Propecia!) it's a non-issue but it was really insulting having to "prove" that I belonged with the business executives and "looked" the part after I had already gotten past the front desk at the Admiral's Club and other places where if you're not wearing a three piece suit and you're not pounding Crown Royal out of a juice glass at 7 AM you obviously don't belong there.

I know exactly of which the OP speaks.

--PP