FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey on Potential Changes to the 50% Off Starpoints Platinum Gift
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:56 pm
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I honestly can't imagine that there isn't a merchandise partner we have that offers gift certificates that doesn't...but I could be wrong, I guess. So who doesn't allow global shipping or doesn't have international brick and mortar outlets where a gift card could be redeemed out of this group?

Amazon
Banana Republic
Bliss
Brookstone
Conde Nast
GAP
Hasbro
Life is good
Nordstrom
Pottery Barn
Starbucks
Westin-at-Home
Williams-Sonoma
iTunes

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
LOL. Okay, I'll almost answer my own question from spg.com.

In most cases gift cards, gift certificates, and merchandise awards are available to members who have a mailing address in the U.S. or Canada and are redeemable at websites and/or locations within the U.S and Canada. Condé Nast magazines and Hasbro Games can only be shipped to addresses within the U.S. and Canada. Avis® and Sixt rental car certificates may be ordered by members worldwide and are redeemable at eligible locations worldwide. Please be sure to review terms and conditions for each redemption partner option, as details vary. Once ordered, all gift cards, gift certificates, and merchandise awards may not be returned. Starpoints for these awards are non-refundable. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your award.

So, who exactly was on the list of gift cards mentioned as an option? Please tell me Conde Nast and Hasbro weren't.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]