FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MBNA WorldPoints... seeking info/insight
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2003, 7:34 pm
Julie the Newbie

MBNA WorldPoints... seeking info/insight

Hi there, I am new to earning air miles and wish to get your input. I am considering getting the (new?) MBNA WorldPoints card. I have had other MBNA cards for years and have been thrilled with their great customer service. What do you all know of this card, its drawbacks, etc. in relation to air miles?

I will explain my useage plans... I need a miles/points card that will allow us to earn points for travel all over the world really... Europe, Middle East, Hawaii, Austr/NZ, and Western US. Thus, I think I would prefer to not be pinned down to one airline. We will be charging all of our bills and monthly expenses to the card to earn points... this amount will typically be somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,500/mo., maybe $3,000. We will be paying the balance every month so interest rates are not a concern. We have A-1, perfect credit.

Here is a link to the promo site for this card:
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USapp..._MC=A000000XPE

I have read previous posts and have seen that the AmEx Starwood card is very popular, however it is kind of unappealing to me since it's AmEx and many places won't take it. I did a search on the forums here and couldn't find anything on the MBNA card in question (maybe that's because it is new, I think?) so if you could fill me in on what you know it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help!

Julie