FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2008, 6:06 pm
libertyjake

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Hilton Prague Rocks!

I have been a HH Diamond member for going on 5 years now...and the Hilton Prague is by far the nicest Hilton branded property I have had the pleasure of staying in.

The hotel is enormous and has a very updated modern decor. The centerpiece of the hotel is a huge 8 story high atrium that gave the lobby a very light & airy feeling. They offer Diamond check-in services up on the 8th floor, in addition to express HHonors checkin lines at the front desk. The smell of the new Natuzzi leather couches near the reception area was very nice!

The Executive King Rooms were not huge, but they were very adequate. The furnishings & layout of the room were very sharp, clean & modern. The bed & bedding were first rate, and we had a beautiful view of Prague from our window. The room was equipped with plenty of electrical outlets, a nice flat screen TV, individual reading lights, soft padded leather headboard, etc.

The bathroom was equipped with nice fixtures and it had a separate (single person sized) shower and tub...there was a separate speaker control so you could listen to the television while in the bathroom. The amenities were plentiful (multiple body washes, shampoos, conditioners & bar soaps). They also provide large bath sheets, a fluffy bath rug, and robes & slippers.

This is the first Hilton property (other than the Miami Conrad) that I stayed in that had a fully stocked mini-bar in the room...in addition to that, the hotel offered a very extensive 24-hour full room service menu...something you generally would expect on a more luxury property. They even had express 3 hour laundry/pressing service.

The pay-per-view movie choices were quite lacking, however it did have several American channels like CNN, CNBC and Discovery channel.

The Executive Lounge very much rivaled the amenities of the international first/biz class lounges of American Airlines & British Airways...a full hot breakfast buffet served til 11 am daily (including a FREE hot menu you could order from), finger sandwiches, snacks, cakes, cookies & desserts served throughout the day. A cappucino machine, and cold bottles of soda, juices, mixers, etc. And about 30-40 bottles of premium alcohol...all completely free. In the evening for a couple hours, they roll out even more food -- usually a couple of hot entries. Our group saved money on eating out & drinking by staying in this comfortable lounge frequently. And every one of the people working in the lounge were super-friendly and kept the lounge very tidy & routinely offered to refill our drinks, etc.

In fact, ALL the employees we countered were very cordial, greeted us in the hallways, waited for the next elevator rather than crowding on with the guests etc...traits I have only really seen in much higher end properties.

Outside of the Executive Lounge, the hotel had several high end conference/meeting rooms available that looked like they could be right out of some company's corporate board room..

They have a 24 hour Cafe/Bistro in the lobby that serves tasty food...a lobby bar, and also a very, very good fine dining restaurant that serves some of the best beef filet I have ever enjoyed -- in addition to traditional czech dishes...service from Rolf was very good.

All in all, as a longtime HH Diamond member, I was completely blown away by how good our experience was. Why can't US based Hilton's be this nice? :-)

Oh, p.s....they also have a brand new addition called "Cloud 9"...it is a very W style nightclub up on the very top level of the hotel that is all glassed in with the best views of the Prague skyline...it was as nice as some of the clubs I have seen in Vegas.

So, if you are looking for a good hotel, I definitely recommend the Hilton Prague...all the sites are a short 10 minute walk or 5 minute car ride (the hotel provides nice black sedans out front that are much cleaner than the local taxis & are reasonably priced.)

Having said all of this, I'm still a Starwood whore, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

P.S. I don't work out much, but my business partner does and he said the Hilton Prague gym was one of the nicest & cleanest hotel gyms he has ever worked out in.