FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]
Old Oct 21, 2008, 7:05 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Well Hello There,

Thanks for expressing your opinion on your recent stays to all the Flyer Talk Community. Now contact Corporate Customer Service (CCS) toll-free at 1-800-328-6242 or send them an email at [email protected] to let them know what the hotel did wrong so it can be addressed and let the SPG Hotel Coordinator fix the problem. Thanks again and pleasant travels.
Not sure where that all came from, but it's largely accepted as fact that said property is a "detractor" within the Sheraton brand. I established my firm opinion based on several stays here over two years. This was built as a Ramada Inn and, frankly, belongs a Ramada Inn.

The simplest of searches for this hotel here on FT or on tripadvisor or, well, anyplace, will consistently return a consensus opinion that matches my thoughts above. For the record, I have twice submitted specific feedback to *wood on this hotel. That said, I don't think this hotel is worth saving. It's in an odd, unfortunate location and it has the feel of a 1979 Ramada. Not sure how that's fixable.

Anyway, the point of my post tonight was to share the glee I experienced to hear a former GM of this very hotel share my precise view.