FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Busness Class Back on all A 300 (soon)
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:55 pm
amsflyboy

Programs: BA, TK, LH, KL
Here is the list of our A300-600:

D-AIAY is the only plane with the old Y-seat and the moveable classdivider. In an all Y-operation (charter for Condor) it can hold 280 pax. When it is used in a 2 class-operation it starts at 34C/237Y till 174C/0Y (again an all C-config for charters. This plane might get the refurbishment end of this year.

D-AIAN, AIAP, AIAR, AIAS are the 4 ABA planes. This planes are used for some shortish l/h flights; CAI, ADD, ALA, LHE (last flight was in september). This plane holds 54C/163Y. It has the old C-seats, with legrest and recline. Seats have a powerplug for the portable DVD-player. There are 2 extra lavatories at doors 3. There are basinets, that can be attached at the bulkheads in Y and the second C-cabin. These planes also have an onboard wheelchair. They had to move one galleyblock from the mid-galley to the back-galley. From October 26 the ABA-planes will not be used for l/h flights anymore (tomorrow night I will be flying to CAI for the last time) They will be subed with A330/340.
(Some of you had the change to fly D-AIAS to BOS this summer, during the strike. Since non of the A300 have ETOPS, the flight was routed over Iceland and Greenland).

All the other A300 have the old C-seats without legrest, small recline, no inseat power. It can seat 58C/188Y. Besides the trunk routes (MUC, TXL, HAM) you will see the A300 comming winter in DME, ATH, LIS, LHR and some other destination.

All the A300 are based in FRA (operated by FRA-based crew). Because this is the smallest fleet within LH, you will allways work with someone you allready know (only 200 pilots and 1500 cabin). Without doubt I can say we have the most funniest, relaxed, outragous crew in this fleet.

I will really miss the ABA-destinations (I enjoyed ALA and LHE very much) and from 2012 this plane (it will be phased out by then, but seeing is believing!)