FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What makes these seats special?
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:43 pm
MollyNYC

Programs: AA Platunum
Originally Posted by jaf
ignore the AA markings and go by seatguru. there is no fee - it's just that non-elite status passengers can't select those seats.
I do have the exit row and I'm staying, especially since the seat next to me is still vacant. The flight is very open, and there are plenty of rows 3 across which are still totally open.

I'm just still searching for the answer as to why AA thinks that these are better seats. So far, no one has come up with a reason. Gee, I thought you all knew everything!
One person suggested it was because they're closer to the front. That doesn't fit because on my outbound AA shows rows 20, 23, 24, and 25 as Preferred, while row 22 is not Preferred. And on my inbound flight, the Preferred rows are: 20, 23, 24, 25, and 27, with 26 not preferred. So the closer to the front theory doesn't fly.

At first, I thought it might have to do with an extra inch or two of legroom, however, it's the same aircraft outbound and inbound, so why would row 27 be preferred in one direction and not the other?

Originally Posted by molly
good luck with the upgrades - but don't get your hopes up too high. that still leaves all the exec plats and plats ahead of you on the upgrade list.
Thanks. I've got my fingers crossed. So far Biz Class, and Coach sections are half empty.

MikeSilv - The aircraft is a 767-200. I didn't mention it because I didn't think it was relevant.

Last edited by MollyNYC; Oct 15, 2008 at 10:00 pm