FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Spacebed in business class or risk an old first class suite on UA?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:07 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Axey
Are you sure you're not thinking of LH's C product here? I wouldn't describe the spacebed as narrow nor have I ever seen a filthy SQ airplane in several hundred thousand BIS miles on SQ. As for power, it powers my 85w Macbook Pro just fine.
Na. LH's C seat is ways superior to SQ's spacebed IMO.

As for power - I did extensive measurements during the last two years (which I plan to publish on FT of course) - on the last two flights, the SQ outlet shut down at less than 70 Watts(!!!!). So I strongly disagree with your assessment - your Mac doesn't suck 85 watts obviously. That is the mere ceiling in consumption.
Is it April Fool's already? You're calling SQ's fleet of 777 and 747's antique? Their avg fleet age is 6.5 years. United's is 13.9 years.
Not the metal, the seating (plus I clearly exempt the 773). I had to endure the terrible SQ flights PER-SYD and the dusty old cabins on the 747 SYD-SIN several times.

And while I have no doubt that SQ on the 777ER, the 380, and the 345 beats anything else in the sky in all 3 (respectively 2 on the 345) classes, the SQ product overall is very, very inconsistent.