FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Excelsior - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:03 am
JNelson113

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Just wanted to add my two cents on this hotel after a recent stay. I am platinum and had reserved four rooms using Cash and Points for a three night stay from October 4th to 7th (Saturday to Tuesday).

I emailed ahead of time and indicated that this was a special occasion for us and we would appreciate any upgrades or consideration.

Overall, I give the hotel a B+. We received the original Deluxe rooms we had booked, maybe a small upgrade in that some had small river views if you looked out the window toward the river. The room seemed on the small side; in fact it was the smallest room we stayed in during our trip, but it was well appointed and comfortable.

The breakfast at the restaurant was good and service was excellent at the bar. Unfortunately at night they had a pianist and the piano was connected to some sort of amplifier so it was quite loud. Difficult to converse and hear in the atmosphere.

The staff were very helpful and granted an early check-in to my friends who had just arrived from an overseas flight. Location was good although a bit of a walk to the major sights.

Overall, a very nice hotel, but I was not wowed as some have been.

Last edited by JNelson113; Oct 13, 2008 at 6:17 am