FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:16 am
Frenchie Flyer

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Just completed a stay on Thursday night at the Sheraton Heathrow. Got it on Priceline for $60 ($78.04 all in). Arrived before noon and was allowed check in without comment about the hour. Mention was made that I was pre-paid and that it was Priceline. I had sent an email at the time of reservation requesting a two bedded room and for directions to the hotel and to the airport. I got no response and so it did not surprise me that we were booked into a single bedded room. We were able to change to a 2 twin bedded room at check in. They gladly added my Starwood number to the reservation. The room was a very good value for the price. On the third floor and renovated, but did not have a LCD tv. The tv has a channel where you can check your flight times. Did not try to access the lounge. Used the Hotel Hoppa (4 pounds each way) mainly because my travel companion wanted to. I used the public bus to get to the airport and tube during the day. Accidentally took the bus the wrong direction as the hotel clerk told me to "cross the street". He meant to cross the side street and not the street the hotel is on. The bus driver set me straight and I got to see some of the suburban neighborhood. Very near the bus stop is a sandwich shop - that I did not have a chance to try, but I saw several fancy cars do u-turns to get to. It certainly didn't look expensive.
Coming back from London late at night I rode the tube to Heathrow and planned to take the public bus to the hotel. It was nearing midnight when I got to the bus terminal. There are two areas, one on each side of the station where you pick up the bus. I picked the side with two busses thinking that I had a better chance of catching one. Only to discover too late that only the U3 bus runs past about 10:30 at night and it was on the other side of the station. I saw it go by twice and that second one was the last of the night around midnight. So I had to find a taxi and that cost me 12 pounds...had to scrape it up from pounds and euros. He would have taken US dollars, but I only had a $50. The hotel told me earlier that day that the fare was 10 pounds. Got a wake up call for our 8am flight when we asked for it. The flight was another matter...we knew it was delayed (mechanical) and we ended up on another flight that was non-stop and only departed a few minutes earlier than the original. ^

At checkout it was noted that we were pre-paid and owed nothing. Now checking my credit charges I find that they charged me for a night's stay at $ 89.94. I have sent an email to the only email address I can find, [email protected], asking them to reverse the charge for the pre-paid room. I was looking for a manager's email and have not found it, but did find the name of what I think is the current manager:

Andrew Huxsted General Manager

Anyway wish me luck. I'm sure that it will be resolved at some point.

Frenchie Flyer